Children care for new born rabbits (kittens) and their mother for 4 weeks. Children gain an understanding of the changing needs of the rabbits as they observe the dramatic changes that take place through the rabbits development. From a kittens total dependence on their Mother, right through to an independent rabbit.
What We Deliver & Why
- A Mother Rabbit (or Doe) with her new born kittens in a purpose-built hutch and equipment for a clean, rabbit and child friendly environment.
- A Rabbit Rearing Manual with care instructions and what to expect in the 4 week duration can be downloaded from our website
- We set up the enclosure with food, water and wood shavings and equip you with the knowledge to care for your pets.
We bring a fully enclosed wire hutch with wheels for easy movement 1.2m long and 0.7m wide
The young bunnies live in the enclosure in their nesting tray (30cmX20cm) for the first 2-3 weeks
- BOOKING INFO
4 Week Program
- RECOMMENDED AGE:
SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES
We bring the animals to you!
$550.00 for four weeks.
The Rabbit Rearing & Early Learning
Rabbit Rearing Objective: To introduce children to the basic health and nutritional requirements of an animal.
Children are taught the basic needs of the kittens, including a diet of food and water and the important duties and responsibilities of caring for a pet.
Educating with the Rabbit Rearing Experience
Our focus on Science Foundations & complimenting the Australia School CurriculumSchool Enquiry
Did you know?
A rabbits teeth never stop growing!The Team - Animals On The Move
What age group best suits the Rabbit Rearing
Preschool, Kindergarten, Child Care & Primary School Education from Foundation to Year 2. But!
The information & interaction can be enjoyed by all ages.
The Rabbit Rearing can be a fun experience for all ages, and is guaranteed to leave people talking about your event!
If you have a special request, please don’t hesitate to let us know!
Book The Rabbit Rearing for your next School Incursion or Event!
Our Rabbit Rearing Program introduces children to a Rabbits life cycle, development needs and the daily responsibilities required to care for a pet.Book Now
1. Close access to set-up area (no more than 30m distance from our vehicle)
2. Clear access from our vehicle to set-up area (no obstacles, stairs, lifts, steep slopes, etc)
3. For safety reasons we appreciate assistance in keeping curious onlookers at a safe distance until set-up is complete.
4. Access to water for the animals.