Awareness of our bugs and what they for us
Australia backyards are home to the most diverse range Bugs and they are very important to our way of life.
- Learn about a butterfly life cycle
- See Bugs that drink water but not through their mouth
- Learn about how ants work together to achieve great things.Learn why it is important to have the right bugs in your backyard.
- Learn how the food chain can be effected by what you put on the garden.
- See the importance of worm farms on soil quality.
- Learn what bug eats poo!
- Learn about Bees and how important they are to everything we eat.
There is plenty to learn, observe and discover when the Backyard Bugs come to visit! If you have something you wish NOT to come and visit we can tailor the program to suit!
Backyard Bugs include:
What We Bring
- Bugs both live and in lucite to observe.
What To Expect
Our expert Bug Handlers introduce and explain interesting facts about each of the creatures. We question how our actions impact their environment and what we can do in our own backyards to help.
Children can view the bugs with magnifying glasses, take turns admiring the snails and even handling the worms…
- BOOKING INFO
(time extension optional) Session Start from 10am or 2pm
- RECOMMENDED AGE:
RECOMMENDED FOR 5YRS +
*travel charges may apply
We bring the animals to you!
The Backyard Bugs & Early Learning
The Backyard Bugs encounter clearly demonstrates the diverse structural features of each creature and ways in which they adapt to help them survive in their environment.
Our Bug Handlers explain and discuss how the growth and survival of living things are effected by the physical conditions of their environment and the importance of wildlife conservation.
Educating with the Backyard bugs Experience
Our focus on Science Foundations & complimenting the Australia School CurriculumMake an enquiry
Did you know?
The dung beetle has been around for 65 million years… that’s when we had dinosaurs walking the earth.
The Team - Animals On The Move
What age group best suits the Backyard Bugs
Preschool, Kindergarten, Child Care & Primary School Education
from Foundation to Year 6. But! The information and interactivity can be enjoyed by all ages.
Our Backyard Bugs is perfect for science and agriculture classes, allowing students to meet the animals they have been learning about. Our engaging approach to learning will ensure that it is a class to remember!
The Backyard Bugs can be a learning experience for all ages, and is guaranteed to leave people talking about your event!
If you have a special request, please don’t hesitate to let us know!
Book The Backyard Bugs for your next School Incursion!
Our Backyard Bugs show off what Australia's Backyards have to offer.Book Now
Want an extra special experience? Combine animal encounters! Invite the Backyard Bugs with the Bush Babies, Milking demonstration, Mini Pets or Farmyard and more! Please contact us for more details.
1. Close access to set-up area (no more than 30m distance from our vehicle)
2. Clear access from our vehicle to set-up area (no obstacles, stairs, lifts, steep slopes, etc
3. For safety reasons we appreciate assistance in keeping curious onlookers at a safe distance until set-up is complete.
4. Access to water for the animals.